Fields are zoned with up to five management zones, creating our Vision Ag zone map.
Our zone maps may include up to two topography zones (Zone 1, 2, or 3) and low, medium, or high yield-potential zones (Zone 5, 8, or 11). Topography and a yield-potential layer are used to create the management zones. The yield-potential layer is established using satellite imagery or yield data. Topography data is derived from LiDAR, which is an optical remote sensing technology.
Zone Sampling Benefits:
- Multiple yield goals to manage the variability across each field
- Sampling points are georeferenced for better tracking year after year
- Zones are composite sampled with 8-10 points per zone
- Less expensive than standard grid sampling
- Same maps can be used for VR fertilized and seed prescriptions